Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dog tossin

Friends, friends, friends!

I haven't posted to the 509 cookin blog for a few weeks but, me oh my, have you all been on the mind.

A few weeks back, while attempting the winter trek to Winthropland USA, our good friends' subaru met its auto-maker (Mr. Otto).  Only twenty miles from our snowed in-house, head gaskets were blown and a subaru's dreams were destroyed. With the loss of their car and 3 feet of accumulated snow, our friends became more than friends in our little Winthrop house: they became roomates. Night after night we played cards,  battled over banana grams, drank whiskey, and shoveled snow.  On one of these joy-filled evenings we brought my favorite spicy peanut dipping sauce to the table, it seems like a good one for the world wide web - I do love it so.

PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:

1 C peanut butter (I often use much less than 1 C)
1 C hot water
1/4 C chopped cilantro
3 T sugar (I use honey or agave)
3 T soy
2 t apple cider vinegar
2 cloves chopped garlic
pinch cayenne (I use much more than a pinch)

1.  Whisk  PB with hot water
2. Stir in other ingredients
3. Season with salt

Easy!

Also, during one of their many afternoons of snowshoeing, our friends discovered an extraordinary new snow game. I am oh so excited to share it with you. So, here it is, the international debut of dog tossing.

1 comment:

  1. Do I detect a break-out movie director?! I love the dramatic music. Can't wait for the next edition of dog tossin'...

    ReplyDelete